Saturday, January 17, 2015

Review - 'Back to School' by Dylan Cross

This is my first book by Dylan Cross and I have mixed feelings on it. When it comes to erotica, I can suspended my belief in reality and know that what happened in the story probably wouldn't happen in real life--at least not without the cops, lawyers and social services getting involved. I enjoyed the plot--dean mistakes an adult for a student and proceeds to teach her how to respect authority though physical, sexual and psychological abuse--but it dragged a little in the middle of the book (too much spanking). Once the dean and 'student' finally got it on, I enjoyed it much more.
I don't read much erotica because I like stories with character development, back stories (you get a little from the heroine, Kristi), love and happy endings. You don't get that here. It's just sex. (I wish the dean and Kristi would've talked after he realized she wasn't a student but the book ended. Their encounter could've been the perfect start to a sexy relationship.)
The only part I didn't like was that a tiny part at the end when Kristi realizes her niece (a real student) has spent time with the dean too. I'd hoped this encounter with the dean and Kristi was his first time doing something like this but it wasn't, so I lost all respect (and my hots) for him.
The novella ends at 92% and we get another short story called 'Extra Credit' for the remaining 8% by author, Sarah Daltry. This story was good, sexy and dirty too but the editing was horrible. Multiple character dialogue, descriptions, etc, was clumped together in big paragraphs which made it hard to read. Other than editing issues, I liked the story.
Overall, 4 Stars for Back to School and 2.5 Stars for Extra Credit.

Disclaimer – I downloaded this book for free on Amazon on a Free Day. I am a reader. I am not paid or compensated in any way, shape or form for this review. I will not change or alter this review for any reason.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.